Atomic Arcade is an atom-building game funded by the Institute of Physics. This is a beta version; a more complete version exists in Java, and was shown in 2015 at the Dundee Science Festival and the Elephant & Castle Mini Maker Faire. This version does not always reflect the decay characteristics of real-world atoms, and lacks sound. Eventually Atomic Arcade will be available as a smartphone app as well as a web page. Please leave any comments, requests or bug reports below, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via facebook.
Press ‘h’ to pause and bring up the help screen.
Some questions to answer:
- What are the names of the particles that make up an atomic nucleus?
- What one thing makes each element different from the last?
- Why do you never get two protons sticking together?
- Which element has the lowest melting and boiling points?
- Which element makes all life possible?